Barangay Tugura-ao faces Barangay Sag-on on the other side of Bacauan River. It got its name from a creek near the barrio site. In pre-war days this place was note for tobacco. They still plant it to the present but only for local consumption.
Former heads were Candido Monsale, Balbino Fabillo, Gaspar Napalinga, Mateo Necusia (1948-1951), Carlos Nalinga (1944-1947) and (1952-1955), Jose Fanunciano (1960-1963), Marcelino Morante (1964-1967), Ismael Fanunciano (1968-1971), Esperanza Morante (1972-1985), Juan Santillan (1986-1988), Jose Nalinga (1989-1993) and Ernesto Monsale head the place presently.
The Sanitary Landfill is located at Barangay Tugura-ao. The farmers can avail the natural fertilizer out of the sanitary landfill by means of composting. Barangay Tugura-ao is very near to Bacauan river so that water supply system is the first priority of the barangay. Irrigation system for the farmers is also the priority of the barangay. One of the vision of the
barangay for the tourist spot is to construct the swimming pool.
- Improvement of barangay roads.
- Development of forestry and watershed areas where supply of potable water is scarce.
- Provision of livelihood problem of unemployment and underemployment.
- Strengthen linkages and coordination with provincial government regarding improvement/maintenance of barangay roads.
- Pull barangay resources for the purchase of equipments.
- Strengthen engineering capability on road improvement and maintenance.
- Identify watershed areas.
- Conduct tree planting activity on watershed areas.
- Establish strong coordination with DENR and other agencies in the protection of watershed and forestry areas.
- Deputize forest marshals to assist in the protection of watershed and forestry areas.
- Strict implementation of measures to protect watershed and forestry areas.
- Form/strengthen farmers cooperative and association for livelihood programs.
- Enhance capability of recipient. clientele through skills training and technology transfer
- Monitor progress of implemented programs.
|Rodel Daza Sr.
|Mary Ann Nillos
Total Land Area
|Number of transportation available in the barangay
|Number of male
|Number of female
|Number of youths
|Number of households
|Number of houses
|List of sports facilities
|Number of college students
|Number of high school students
|Number of elementary pupils
|Number of pre-schoolers
|Presence of road and estimated length
||Farm to market road = 3 kilometers
|Number of Houses with Electricity
|Number of Houses without Electricity
|Number of Communication Facilities
||Cellphones 8, Handheld radios 2
|Number of Water Supply System
||Jetmatic pump 16, Water Pumps 2
[back to top]
questions, comments and suggestions, e-mail: The Webmaster
[home] [profile] [history] [government] [tourism] [education] [events] [downloads]